We are seeking an experienced senior accounting manager to assist the Chief Financial Officer and Executive Management in handling accounting-related responsibilities for our company in North Bethesda, MD.
Position Title: Senior Accounting Manager, Full-Time
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Location: North Bethesda, MD
Date: August 2019
About the Job:
This position will be bifurcated into two parts: (1) Financial Reporting, (2) Asset Management.
(1) Financial Reporting will require:
- preparation or oversight of day to day accounting and detailed month-end closing procedures
(within 3 days of month end);
- preparation of financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, change in net assets and footnotes);
- writing of accounting policies based on new pronouncements;
- handling full consolidation/equity-method treatment of about 20 entities, including deferred tax calculations etc.;
- researching accurately all standards of accounting related to fair value under US GAAP investment company accounting guidance, and consolidation methodology for joint venture entities under US GAAP, and PRC GAAP;
- working with external auditors for year-end financial statements audit;
- working with outside service providers for various tax returns.
(2) Asset Management will require an understanding of each component of net operating income (NOI), and the drivers of value in real estate; the candidate will work on:
- tracking development timelines and costs to understand historical deviations from budgets, and expected future deviations from forecasts;
- tracking NOI timelines and budgets to maximize IRRs and NOI yields; and
- identifying value-maximizing strategies to sell or capitalize assets at best pricing.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Accounting or Finance is required, and a CPA licensed by a state licensing authority;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting is required, and commercial real estate accounting is preferred;
- Proven ability to understand and apply complex accounting principles in the real estate accounting discipline, and candidate with a reasonable understanding of valuation methodologies, including using capitalization rates, discounted cash flows, etc. is preferred.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suites and QuickBook;
- Fluent Mandarin/Business Mandarin is preferred.
To apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.